This section summarizes our privacy and security practices. For more detail, please read the entire Policy.
• We gather information from you, your transactions with us, and outside sources.
• We use your information only to conduct our business with you.
• We will not sell, rent, or lease any of the information collected to any person or organization.
• We limit access to your information and use industry recognized safeguards to help protect it.
• You may correct the accuracy of your information.
• We may provide your information to companies whose products we represent in order to fulfill your request for further information and/or products.
Information Collected and Purposeful Usage
We collect information about you to adequately address your insurance needs. To ensure that you receive products and services that best match your needs, you must provide complete and accurate information about yourself and those persons who will also benefit from our products and services.
The following types of information may be collected:
- Quotation and Other Information: We only collect information required to fully execute your request for a product and/or service such as name, e-mail address, street address, zip code, date of birth, gender, age and phone number. Information will be kept for quotations or inquiries that are submitted to us through our websites in order to retain and process the products and services that were requested. The information collected is used for business purposes only, such as marketing.
- Website Information: When you visit our websites, our computers may automatically collect non-personally identifiable statistics about your visit such as web browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform, type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks within our websites. We may monitor statistics such as how many users visit our websites, the user’s internet protocol (IP) address, which website pages users visit, from which domains our users come, and which web browsers users use. Our log files also track movements in the interactive sections and gather broad demographic information for business purposes as permitted by law. In all these instances, this information does not identify you personally, but rather identifies functions performed during a visit to our websites. We also collect information about website users’ usage and navigation and store that information on our systems to enhance the experience on our websites for new and returning visitors.
Our websites will not knowingly collect personally-identifiable information from minors under the age of thirteen (13).
Your Information Is Not Shared
We do not sell, rent, or lease any of the information collected on our websites to any person or organization. If we are unable to process a website function or a transaction, your information collected up to that point may be used to contact you in order to fulfill the product or service request. However, we may provide your information to companies whose products we represent in order to fulfill your request for further information and/or products.
We may use business associates or third-party service providers to help us operate our business at our websites or administer activities on our behalf, such as quoting products or other administration purposes. We may share your information with these third-parties for those limited purposes only.
Protection of Your Information
Our information technology systems use industry-recognized security controls to protect your information, and we have data security personnel whose sole responsibilities are to ensure the security of the information we collect, process, and store. Additionally, the Company has internal policies and procedures in place to limit access to your information to only those who have a business need to view it.
We are able to securely collect and transfer your information using encryption technology. We employ Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption for all your information entered on ourwebsites. SSL technology encrypts information as it travels from your web browser to our servers, and again from our server back to your web browser. Therefore, your web browser must support SSL encryption in order to fully utilize our websites. In order to confirm that your web browser supports the SSL encryption functionality, you should look for icons on the web browser’s window, such as a key or a closed lock. We encourage you to verify that these icons are present before entering billing and credit card information.
We utilize secure certificate providers, such as Network Solutions, to apply the SSL technology for online transactions. The certificates allow our website users to perform website functions such as entry and submission in a manner that cannot be intercepted or decrypted over the Internet.
A “cookie” is a piece of information that a website sends to your web browser, which then stores information on your computer. You should be aware that cookies contain no more information than is volunteered, and are not able to “invade” the hard drive and return to us personal or other information from your computer.
Consent and Changes to This Policy
By using our websites, you signify your consent to this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, please do not use our websites. We may update, change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Policy as laws and best practices change. Any changes to this Policy will be promptly disclosed in the Policy. This Policy is not intended to nor does it create any contractual or other legal right in or on behalf of any party. We encourage you to check this page regularly since your continued use of our websites following any changes to this Policy will be deemed to constitute your acceptance of such change.
Updating Your Information
We do our best to maintain the accuracy of personal information you supply to us and we will make corrections when you notify us. If you find information you would like to correct or update in any statements or other communications you receive from us, please contact our Customer Service Center at:
P.O. Box 9393
Des Moines, IA 50306
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or the practices of the site, you may contact:
American Enterprise Group, Inc.
601 6th Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50334
® Americare is a registered trademark owned by The Entrecor Group, LLC.
Updated Dec. 3, 2019